ShareThis

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

EXCLUSIVE Interview With Black Eyed Peas Stylist Lor-e Phillips


Lor-e Phillips The Stylist of the Black Eyed Peas Interview
Name: Lor-e Phillips
Occupation: Designer and Partners with will.i.am in i.am clothing, Head Wardrobe Stylist for the Black Eyed Peas, Television Producer and Author.
The best thing about your job is…
The days I can make my own schedule and the creativity that goes with it, arm wrestling with APL (Allan Pineda Lindo, Jr.), to see what Will is going to wear on the red carpet (Yes, we are crazy) and getting to work with new models and actors such as James Preston; who portrays James Dean in the upcoming film and is now also the face of i.am clothing.

Favorite piece of clothing/accessories right now:
Distressed G-star boyfriend jeans, vintage moccasins I got in Arizona and my red 1987/88 Liz Claiborne handbag.
Best spot for cocktails:
Goal sports bar, Los Angeles.
Favorite drink:
Coffee and water.
Last purchase:
Leather jacket at the GAP and a 1960’s hot pink velvet covered garbage can adorned with silk and velvet roses.
Your friends describe you as…
Crazy.
5 things that are always in your bag/purse:
Bottle of water, bubble gum, Advil, measuring tape and a camera.

If you could work with one person, who would it be?
Melissa Etheridge.
Favorite song right now?
“You and I” by Lady Gaga. I play it over and over to the point where my passengers want to jump out of the moving vehicle. Also, Black Eyed Pea’s “Had to do it/ Rock my shit” but it was only released in the UK in the early 2000’s.
First concert you went to?
Madonna.
What do you do during your free time?
Vintage shop (even though I also do it for work!) and explore old abandon buildings in search of ghosts.
Three fave materials? 
Cotton, velvet and denim.
Three words to describe your overall sense of style? 
Un-planned. I don’t care what is trending or what people will think. I wear what I want to and what I feel comfortable in.
Your go-to guilty pleasure is…
Cake! And sweet potato French fries.
Your favorite place to vacation is…
Ventura, CA.
Who is your celebrity crush?
Jason Ritter and Samuel Larson.
The one trend you hope will NEVER come back in fashion is...
Tennis shoe high heels, but somehow I keep seeing them and I want to poke my eyes out. Oh, and clear bra straps.

No comments:

Post a Comment